Dear Michelle,
So a while back we were trying to get in contact with a former investigator. We went by their house and knocked on the front door. Apparently the door was almost completely blocked on the inside but we were directed to go around to the other side. So we went to the back door and knocked, it was kind of weird because someone completed different answered the door. We asked for the people we were looking for and they told us that they had moved, so we asked is they had time to talk and they told us they weren't interested. A little while later we had someone just out of the blue come to church 2 weeks in a row. Her name was Bobbie Anderson, We got her a Book of Mormon but didn't have much time to talk to her. Luckily one of the ladies in the ward got her information for us. We called and asked if we could come by her house to let her know more. She was excited and told us we could come by the next day. Come to find out is was the exact same house, but to make a long story short, we taught we all the lessons in a couple of weeks and I had the opportunity to baptize her today! Elder Holli will get to do the confirmation tomorrow on Sunday! All this actually came about because a friend of hers from California started talking with her about the gospel. So keep up the missionary work!!
You're welcome for my penmanship! :P and thank you for yours! (I have this friend on a mission and I have the hardest time reading his letters.. they are like chicken scratch. Ben has good hand writing and I am extremely grateful for that.)
It's crazy what happened in Japan! That's all everyone wanted to talk about for a while. I had one guy who was drinking try to get me to tell him the end of the world was coming within the next few years and I wouldn't give him a straight answer. I did give him a mormon.org pass-along card though. :) I'm not scared though. if I were to die on my mission that's a sure shot at the Celestial Kingdom, right? (haha :] he says that stuff, it makes me laugh ) The only thing I'd be bummed about is that I don't have and eternal companion yet :( :( :( !!!
You're linked to my family blog!!! :) Ohhh boy!!! That's about as good as your mom getting me socks for Christmas, which are really good, by the way!
Wow, sorry I wasn't able to finish this letter and send it but since I was transfered I have had no time for anything so anyway, I'm in Estacada now with a Tongan Elder Uluikakepa I also walked into a baptism 3 people and they are awesome.
Anyway so my superpower is a little villainous also. I would have control of time meaning, fast forward, rewind, and pause. So before I die i want to get married in the temple and raise a family but that's probably not the answer you wanted haha. IDK, skydiving sounds pretty cool, I'd also like to go surfing. If You had to go to war, what field of battle would you go into?
So something interesting That I didn't know about Alma I found in Alma 45:18-19 Check it out, It's pretty cool.
Love,
Elder Forsyth
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment