Monday, June 6, 2011

Letter from May 30th

"Goodness! Sometimes I just don't know how to put things into words, I don't know what to say sometimes when I E-mail. It's really different in Estacada than it was in McMinnville but I've really liked both so far. Our mission president is going to change next month, I hope he's as cool as the one I have right now!

I can't believe schools almost over already. I loved the end of the year, when school was just fun. I'm a little jealous right now. It's been a full year since I graduated?!?
I forgot to tell you last week that I would love a photo album for my pictures. I was also wondering if you had made a mormon.org profile yet, they just told us missionaries to make our own so mine should be up in a couple of weeks!!


We had a weird experience lately. We were going to visit a potential investigator and there were goats on their porch. As we were walking up it looked like they were charging us. My companion turned around and almost started to run. I was getting prepared to grab it by the horns. They slowed down before they got to us, they had collars and acted a lot like dogs but without the bark, sniffing us in uncomfortable places. After we knocked on the door one of them jumped up on my like a dog would. I got it down and started scratching it's head. Then it started nibbling on one of my zippers. No one answered so we walked away and they followed us to the car. It was crazy!

Tiff:
I am having fun and learning a lot, a mission is awesome! Tell me what Pajamas you wear for pajama day. I love you a lot!!!


Nattie:
You're welcome for the birthday card. I'll bet that it rains more here in Oregon than it does at home ;-P. I'm sad that I miss getting to watch you grow big, but I'll see you later. Your note to me kind of sounds like a prayer. I love you a lot!!!


Aaron:
No, I love you more!!! I'm glad you're excited to go on a mission, keep that! It will help you even if you have a hard time when your older. I love you a lot!!!


Kim:
You're going to have to wait until I get home. You're so funny too and I miss it. I wish I could hear you play the ukulele and the recorder, I'll just have to wait until I get home. I love you lots!!!


Emily:
That's great to hear you were able to do a 5K. Keep up the physical activity, or else ;-P. You're excited for the last week of school?!? You were the one who was always praying for the sumer to go by faster! I can't believe you are already going to be in 8th grade. Everyone is growing up to fast!!! I love you lots!!!


Steven:
WHERE IS YOURS!!!! ;-P


This week we taught Alex (investigator) the first half of the commandments still working on a baptismal date but he said he wants to do it as soon as possible! Arango's (less active) we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and ran into a former investigator at their house. We'll probably be able to teach him again and might be able to fly through to baptism. He would have been baptized the first time but went off to the military before it happened, so we'll pick him up! Warren's (less active) we taught Samantha about tithing and fasting and she's making progress with her mom by sitting in her lap to read her scriptures. Higley's (less active) we taught part of the commandments and they accepted a commitment to make goals for certain days to come to church until they come regularly. I hope it works, they'd make really good active members! Lisa (recent convert) we taught her the first of the after baptism lessons with brother Cameron. She and Marisa and family actually came to church.

Elder Uluilakepa and I are doing really well. I love him like a brother, and most of the time we act like brothers around each other. I don't know what else to say?!?

I'm doing great, loving the mission, and working on making every day better than the last. Once again I don't know what else to say?!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment