Wow! It sounds really busy at home. Sorry it took so long to be able to E-mail you after I wasn't able to do it on the 4th we've been pretty busy. The 4th was an interesting day, in the morning we went to the stake center for a flag ceremony and breakfast. Then we went to a members home and helped him split wood, he had a power spliter so it was pretty easy, then had pizza with them. After that we got changed and went to a members BBQ, and right after that one we went to another members BBQ. Four meals in one day, I was pretty full, I couldn't eat dessert after the last one. My Tongan companion had no trouble! LOL! Then we went to a carnival that was in town, rode one of the rides. It was just like back home at Lagoon we both screamed our heads off the entire time the ride was going. I love doing that, everyone laughs at you!!! After that the president gave everyone permission to stay out late and watch the fireworks with members. Estacada has a pretty darn good firework show especially for the size of the town. Tuesday, we had kind of a zone conference type meeting, to meet our new Mission President. They're both a bit nervous just like any other missionary is when they come out, it's kind of fun to see that, but we welcomed them with open arms and I'm pretty sure he'll be a great President! On top of all that, yesterday we had a district meeting, so that's why I wasn't able to write until today.
This week we taught Hailey (PM investigator) about the plan of salvation she understood it very well. She was able to put our diagram together and explain each part as she went. We are still working on getting her to come to church. Donna (investigator) we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ, and we have also started on the commandments. I gave her a promise that if she comes to church regularly, reads her scriptures, and prays often that she will gain the courage and testimony she needs to overcome her fear of water so that she can be baptized! The Higley's (less active) we went over our assignment we gave them last time (Jacob 5) and had a good spiritual discussion with them. Alex is getting baptized this Saturday and he's very excited for it, we wont be able to put him in our numbers but it's just as rewarding just to see it happen!
Elder Uluilakepa and I are doing great. I love working with him, seeing his strength as a missionary and knowing that he didn't go to the MTC makes me respect him more. It's great to be his companion and I hope we are still working together after this transfer, but I know that the Lord knows what's best so I wont argue if that's not the case. LOL!
I'm doing great. Loving the work and I can't believe how fast it's going by, but I have no regrets so far and I'm going to keep it that way!
Love ya Much,
Elder Forsyth
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment