"So the transfer is over and Elder Reed and I are still in Estacada, Yes! I'm guessing this is my last transfer here but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Tell the kids I'm really sorry I thought about writing them a couple of times but there just wasn't any time this last week. I'll try again this week. I should be able to find the time now on Mondays because there are no Elders in Sandy right now and they always wanted to hang out on P-days. Every week it was stressful trying to please everyone but still get things accomplished on that day. Now Elder Reed and I are excited that we'll probably get some P-days to ourselves! Today we are going with the Zone Leaders to Mt. Hood so we'll probably get some good pictures but I may not have time to write any letters.
School again! Oh my goodness I've almost been out a whole year! My Birthday's in only a month!
Wow, that's really crazy what happened with Shawn's car! I've never heard of that actually happening to someone and of course it would happen right after he helped someone out. But if you think about it that probably would have happened anyway but it could have been a lot worse. Especially if he didn't take the time to help that person out. We may not realize how much he was blessed for helping that person out!
This week we taught Haley (PM investigator) about the word of wisdom it was a good lesson. She did pray to know and got her answer! Now we are having her pray to find a baptismal date. We had two lessons with Samantha (8 year old) right now we are reading the Illustrated Book of Mormon Stories with her. Tuesday we challenged her to pray about her baptism and on Thursday we were told that she got frustrated when she didn't get her answer. So we talked about patience and determination and told her if she kept trying she would eventually get her answer. The Bess family (less active) we read chapters 3 and 4 in the Book of Mormon with him and answered more of his questions. I never would have thought he would be the kind of guy that enjoyed reading the Book of Mormon but he really loves reading it with us, probably because he gets so much out of it. We did a bit of service this week as well and we're working on getting in with the rest of our investigators but they are making it difficult. We'll keep working at it though.
Elder Reed and I are doing really good. I keep trying to convince him he was really prepared when he came out but he keeps insisting that he learns a lot from me and he dosen't know where he would be without me. It's always great to be able to laugh with eachother over tracting experiences. This week we ran into a few that were acting like they were listening but you could tell they really didn't want to hear a word we were saying. It's funny how obvious it is when that is their attitude.
I love this work, time is going by a little too fast, I need more time with those I'm working with. It seems like half the time if not more is spent trying to set up lessons with them. The funny thing is though when you are doing your best you normally find yourself in places you're supposed to be at just the right moment. It's amaizing how that works!
Love Ya Lots,
Elder Forsyth"
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment