Okay, I can hardly believe I let myself get so far behind! I will make sure I do better from now on!!
Here are all the letters I've missed over the last several weeks! Enjoy!! He's due to write again this afternoon, I'll make sure I post it in the next couple of days!! Still waiting for pics from him, will post when I get them.
"So in the member's home we have our own room and bathroom, we even get to use the garage, which means we need to clean the car less often. The rest of the house is kind of shared space. I love living with Sister Delong, she's old and blind but she is a blast. Almost every dinner is filled with a member from the ward. I do however make my own breakfast and lunch just the same as I did back home. I've also been able to make cookies a few times on my mission. It's kind of funny but I pack around my own stuff to make cookies.
I actually was able to ride bike for the first time on my mission when I went on exchanges last week. It felt really good but I lost one of my badges while I was traveling on one of the main roads :-P. Now I've been having to use just my pin badge all the time untill I get a new one. It's really annoying but at least I still have one! ;-P
My companion is doing a lot better this week, he was going to see a specialist but they were making it really hard on him. Suddenly he stopped having troubles unless he eats too much junk. I'll keep an eye on him though.
This week we taught Rebecca (new investigator) briefly about the Book of Mormon and prayer. We also set expectations and it was a really good lesson. She totally seems golden! Nikki (investigator) we talked to her even more about scriptures and we are really trying to get her to read them. She commited to putting her scriptures on her bed stand so they would remind her. We also told her if she had to, to just start reading one verse every day. There were supposed to be a lot of investigators at church today, but only the ones who we haven't been able to teach came :-P. The Brennan Family and the Smith Family, but they are both planning on getting baptized or reactive!
Elder Yack and I are doing great. The only problem is that our area is taking too long to pick up so that it can be a good example for our zone. We went on exchanges with Elder Dixon and Elder Davis they are both doing awesome! Elder Dixon and I got a lot accomplished that was the day we got a lesson with Nikki and Rebecca. I had a great time and really felt the spirit from Elder Dixon.
I am doing great. I love working in Sherwood and also being a zone leader. I'm excited to get things going in the whole zone. I know there have been and will be lots of challenges but I can already feel the task helping me to grow spiritually. It is deffinatly helping me to be a better missionary.
Love Ya Much,
Elder Forsyth"
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



Is it just me or does Elder Ben seem very short compared to his companions?? :)
ReplyDelete