"I did get my package on Wednesday and it was awesome. We had our own little Birthday party with Sister Delong for our lunch hour. She's such a funny lady my comp got some great pictures! IDK if or when we'll go out to eat most lunches we are rushing to get back out there and most dinners are filled with members. Not to mention we had a member take us to Red Robbin for my birthday! Then my comp was going to treat me to icecream at Polar Bear Yogurt that night but there were members there who took over and payed for both of us! I love the members around here!
If Steven dosen't shape up I'm gonna beat him a good one when I get home! ;-P I'm going to need a picture of him flexing so I can know what I'm up against. I'll get my pictures to you sometime ;-P I've got some good ones! I haven't been taking my camera with me everywhere and have payed for it a couple of times.
This week we taught Kim (PM investigator) Elder Yack taught her once before in another area so we are using that to our advantage. The main thing is she hasn't gotten a testimony of the Book of Mormon, so we commited her to read every day and to pray about it each time. Nikki (investigator) We had a lesson with her about baptism,... she said it wouldn't be fair to herself to be the only one. After, there was about 20 seconds of silence and I played the Joseph Smith card followed right after with Jesus Christ. After that she stopped, and commited it was pretty cool. Jan (less active) we went in to find out what she wanted out of us teaching her. Her goal is to make it to the temple, so we'll focus our teaching in that direction. Allie (recent convert) we taught her more about Joseph Smith and gave her some good material to study about him with. Mike & Maria (investigators) this family was taught in Utah and was moving back here so there were told to get baptized here. We taught them twice on Sunday and found that they are probably converted more than some active members. They are pretty much golden investigators. We set a baptismal date on the 14th of October where three of them are planning to be baptized! We are reviewing with the parents while teaching their nine year old and it's amaizing how solid they are! We went over the restoration with them on Sunday.
Elder Yack and I are doing great we are finaly starting to see things pick up. It's great how the Lord blesses you when you ask for it and work hard to get it. Both are key parts to the plan! We went on an exchange with the Tigard 1st Elders. I had a great time with Elder Nickerson. For some reason he thinks I'm perfect and have nothing to work on (wrong, I have lots of things) but he is a great missionary and we taught some good lessons together.
I'm doing amaizing. I'm learning so much as a zone leader and seeing diligence pay off. The scriptures are so true Mosiah 2:41. A ll we have to do is test the Lord and guess what? He dosen't lie...amaizing.
Lots of Love,
Elder Forsyth"
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment