"Quite technically I only lost one to Pres. but I did lose my trainer after 6 weeks when he became a zone leader. I think it would be a neat experience to be an AP but at this point in time I don't know if I would be ready for the business or the responsibility. I also like being able to work in my area and as a zone leader I already lose a good amount of that time to other responsibilities. I don't think I ever thought before my mission that I would ever have this kind of leadership position, but I love every second of it!
We just had a talent show in our ward and me and Elder Fisher got thrown into one of the events. It wasn't as good as my last one but we got into a lightsaber dual with Darth Vader and taught some young jedi missionaries who converted Vader in the end. It was interesting.
This week was really busy so we weren't able to get out and work as much as we wanted. We taught Victoria (recent convert) part of the restoration lesson. I guess she lives in Newberg 2nd wards boundries but goes to our ward with her friends. She never recieved the after baptism lessons so we are trying to get those going. We also had Mike & Maria (investigators) interviewed and got the program ready for their baptism on the 14th! Mike and Maria, the parents, will be baptized and we'll continue to teach their 9 year old so she can be baptized soon afterward! They are such an awesome example to me of what pure faith really is. It has really streangthened my testimony to help them in their spiritual journey.
Elder Fisher and I are doing really great. We are starting off on a bang with both the wards. We are really getting involved with the entire ward. I already see great success in the near future. We've been invited to ward council and PEC and we already have schedualed teaching in two of the different auxilaries!
I am doing fantastic. I love my new companion. He's very different than my last one, some ups and some downs, but that's expected. I really like Elder Fisher's style of doing things. I love the time I have to be a missionary. I love the chance to serve with different companions who have been inspired by the Lord to help me grow. I love change. The ability to change, the necessity of change, and the growth that comes from the inevitable changes that come into our lives each and every day. May we always continue to change and conform to the Lords way!
Love ya Lots,
Elder Forsyth"
Wow! Is that my boy!?!? :) He sounds so wise and grown up!!
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment