This week we taught Benjamin (12) and Sarah (10) (PM family) about the plan of salvation. They just had a grandparent die and had a lot of questions as to where he was and what he was doing. We are going to be teaching them all the other lessons too. During the middle of the lesson Sarah asks, "So when can I be baptized?" It was pretty awesome ...We'll probably have to talk to just the parents to get things all figured out and set expectations. I'm pretty sure at least Sarah will eventually get baptized. Mike and Maria (recent converts now!) were baptized this Friday! It was an amaizing service there was tons of people there to support them, it completely filled the room! Mike was first, he came out of the water crying and stood in the font hugging Bro. Kasperian (the one who baptized him) for about 2 min. Then Maria went, she was crying before she got in. Then when she came up out of the water, Mike came back in and the three of them hugged for about a min. Sacrament meeting was pretty funny. There was confusion as to who was going to confirm them because the Kasperians decided to go home early. The Mike & Maria showed up a little late so we waited on either side of the overflow so we could catch them before they went in to ask them who they wanted to confirm them. Then we texted that to the bishop so he could announce it, it was pretty funny.
Elder Fisher and I are doing very well. Lately we have been setting up a lot with the ward and really working with them to get the work moving. We've been getting a lot of compliments from the ward right in front of us. I have just been so energized and so pumped since Elder Grow came to the mission. This is what missionary work is about! This week we talked to Elder Rawlings about his new position as district leader and it seems like he will be able to do what he needs to in order to turn them around and head them in the right direction. We also went on an exchange with Elder Quinn and Elder Kefu. I went with Kefu to my first area. It was amaizing to see the growth there.
I am doing really great. One year has flown by, I wish this next one would slow down a bit so that I could get more done. Time is one of those special gifts that we've been given but we only have so much of it in this life. Every second counts! Use them to the best of your ability. Otherwise you'll have to look back and realize how little you've accomplished.
Lots of Love,
Elder Forsyth"
He sent me this one pic in his email today!
![]() |
| Elder Fisher, Mike and Maria, Elder Forsyth |




No comments:
Post a Comment