Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Phone Call!

I am so late in posting this, and I really should be doing other things but here I am dieing to tell you about our phone call!

Ben left the MTC at 5am on Monday morning, and headed for the Salt Lake Airport. I remember running that morning thinking about it, wondering when he would get the chance to call. I didn't even know what time his plane left. (They don't want us to go to the airport to see them off anymore) I even panicked a little thinking he just might call while I wasn't there. I said a prayer and asked Heavenly Father to make it a time that would work for us. Then I basically didn't give it another thought!

I got home and did the usual, got kids up, family prayer, breakfast, started packing lunches...phone rings. I'm thinking who would be calling this early??? I looked on the caller ID it said pay phone? It still didn't hit me!! duh!! I'm thinking who would be calling me from a pay phone??

I picked it up and the recording tells me I have a collect call from...

I'm still clueless!??? I must be an idiot!!

Benjamin!

I was so surprised and happy I immediately started to cry, I almost forgot to answer...YES to accepting the charges!!!

It finally connects us and we get to talk for about 45 minutes!!! I of course had to share him with his Dad and most of his siblings. (Bethanie had just left for school right before he called, and Melanie was leaving her apartment to head to work, and Jon wasn't here, either.) But the rest of us got to each spend a few minutes talking to him, right down to little Nattie Bug! I think it has made an impression on all of them. Nattie today told me that "Ben is on his mission!"

It was great! He sounds fantastic!! He was real excited to get to Portland and was hoping he was really ready. So much to learn and do, He's going to be AWESOME!!!

He says to keep the letters coming! Right now it's best to send it to the mission home, they'll forward it to where he is.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm so glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me but, your son knows my son. My son is Elder Jordan Webb who is your sons first official trainer and companion in Oregon. He said his companion was Elder Forsyth from Bountiful, so I googled it and found his blog. My name is Sheralyn Webb and I live in Layton. I have always loved to get to know my son's companion and families, since our kids will be together 24/7 for the next few months. My son Jordan has been out for almost one year. His hump day is November 11th! He is excited to be in a new area, with your son.

    He just went through a very tramatic, but faith building experience with his last compnion. But he is very valient and strong, he knows he his there for a reason and has become an amazing missionary. His last companion passed away from a brain anerysim on October 17th. We have become very close to his companions family and they are the most faithful people I have ever met. I think it will be good that he now has a new companion in a new area and can make a fresh start. It looks like you will be busy with a wedding for the next few days, but I would love to hear from you, if you would like. You can email me at brisher8@msn.com

    ReplyDelete