Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Letter from Dec 14th

"I got a new companion yesterday, his name is Elder Holli. I keep forgetting where he's from, but I think it's North Dakota? ...The transfer caught us both by surprise, I guess president thought I was ready after only six weeks. It's more rare than not that that happens but Elder Webb went Zone Leader!!!! I called it too, I was also teasing him about being Assistant to the President.

Don't stress over the older kids too much. You have done what you can do and that's what the Lord expects of us, but in the end everyone has their free agency. Sometimes all we can do is continue to love them and look for opportunities to share our testimony. This sort of things happens in even the strongest families, in Lehi's family he had to deal with Laman and Lemuel. On a better note, Alma and the son's of Mosiah all became amazing men later in life. You never know what will happen. I'd only suggest that you focus on the younger ones, teach them how to do personal scripture study, maybe one on one. Then when they get old enough, just use daily reminders. One of the things that has stuck with me was whenever I was drifting and you would ask if I had been doing personal prayer and scripture study, and the answer would always be no. Personal scriptures and prayer is very important. Thank you for teaching me that and make sure the younger ones know that as well.

We didn't teach too many this week, a lot cancelled appointment due to sickness. We taught Herman Torres again though, we showed him the Joseph Smith movie and he enjoyed it. Afterwards we talked a little bit about Joseph's history and answered any questions he had. We taught Holly Olsen as well, she is doing very well since her attendance and testimony at church. Her attitiude changed a lot and she feels like she's doing it for the right reasons now. This week we've been having daily contact with Dale Wilson. He came to church this week and had a good time.

Elder Webb and I did very well on our last week together. I'm going to miss him. My new companion Elder Holli seems a little shy but seems very strong in missionary work. I might have to up my game a little bit.

I'm doing very well, when I changed companions, I had to introduce Elder Holli to the area and I surprised myself with how much I actually did know about it. I'm ready to make a step up in Missionary work with my new companion and do better in my efforts.

I love you all very much, and pray for you. Remember that we are saved after all we can do!

Love Elder Forsyth!"

No comments:

Post a Comment