"I try to send more and more meaningful letters, it gets easier the longer I'm out, I think. I'm glad to have been able to help you, but I don't know if I could ever makeup for all the help you and Dad have given me! That's probably one of Satan's biggest tools used on us as missionaries, to try to convince us that those we teach who use their agency to not accept the gospel are our fault, but we do our best in teaching and trying to follow the spirit and not letting that get us down. Just do a little better each and every day!
I was wondering if there was a Christmas Eve gift or not, I looked at the gifts but none of them had anything indicating such. I can't wait for the phone call. It will be great to hear your voices!
So to answer your questions, the missionaries still consider us as greenies until we leave our first area. Elder Holli is technically the Sr. companion but it doesn't mean very much, we still make decisions together and at the moment I know the area better so I'm still calling most of the shots. It's like that for all missionaries except for zone leaders and assistants to the president. I think.
No I don't get to drive yet, even though I know how to get to places and he doesn't. I had to read the Oregon drivers manual and now I just have to wait for a phone call where president asks if I'll be a good driver, then he gives me persmission to drive.
We are teaching only a few people at the moment due to investigator's Christmas season, business and sickness. We taught Holly Olsen the word of wisdom this week. She has been going through a rough situation lately with a stocker, so pray for her safety. We've been catching Dale Wilson almost daily giving him the spiritual support he needs to get his life back on track and he's making a lot of progress. Our last visit with Patty Mcleod we worked on finding out where she was at and found she is having a hard time listening to the spirit so we are really going to focus on that with her next time.
Elder Holli and I are doing great together. He is very weird but we are still teaching very well together. I admire his strength as a missionary and love the chance to work with him!
I am doing awesome, praying to continue to grow and loving the work!!!!"
Letter to his Dad...
Thank you for your prayers and everything that you have taught me. I'm gonna go missionary on you, remember that every member is a missionary and your job is to find those who are ready to hear the gospel for the missionaries back home. Thank you for writing me and for your prayers for my physical growth. I love you a lot.
Love Elder Forsyth!!!
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment