Sorry, with the holidays, I haven't been able to keep up on any of my blogs, I hope with the new year, I'll be able to do better.
Here's most of his letter from Dec 7th...
"It's great to hear things are going well on the home front. I love hearing how everyone is doing and I'll try to get better at getting snail mail to all of the kids. There isn't much time to write letters and I have a ton to write to. I'm working on getting my camera out more often, even though they don't want us to look like tourists. I'm almost positive that I have received all of the packages you have sent, including the one you were worried about.
For P-Day yesterday we went to Silver Falls with some elders in the Eugene Mission. I think that's how it's spelled. I got some good pics I think. We used the GPS that Elder Webb has and it had us use a ferry across a river, I've never done that before and I think we had too much fun with it. On Saturday the ward in Amity had a Christmas open house, with nativity sets from around the world. We didn'thave too many show up, but we had a few that did that made it worth it.
This week we taught Tim Croy. We seemed to have a very good lesson with him where he realized he needed to get to church, but we didn't see him there. We got a surprise lesson with Herman Torres, we showed him a movie about the great apostacy and how Wilford Woodruff became a member of the church. Herman always finds things that we don't even think about, in time I think we'll be able to get him to realize he needs to be baptized. We had an amazing lesson with Holly Olsen, the spirit was really strong and she realized the great importance for making it to sacrament meeting. I called to remind her that morning and that is what got her there. In the meeting it was fast Sunday, and I told her that she should share her testimony. At first she was like no way, but a minute or two later she said, "I"ll go if you go." Little did she know that I was already going to go. She gave an amazing testimony and shared her reasoning for coming back to church, and the phone call that morning. Hopefully that will build the wards trust for us and we'll be able to get their help.
Elder Webb and I are doing very well right now. I think our personalities are starting to click now, we've become more open, friendly and have laughed a lot more lately. It goes to show that if you work hard to build a relationship, trying to look past the bad, all things are attainable.
I'm doing wonderfully. Loving the work, the success, and the hard times. I love the gospel and what it can do for others and for myself. I feel that I have grown a lot already.
Love everyone lots!!!!"
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment