Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Letter from Nov 16th

I'm a little behind, okay a lot behind! I hope to get caught up and stay that way!!

Here's his letter from Nov 16th - I had told him about Shawn and Jon both finding work.

"It is great to hear things are going well with everybody. Especially finding jobs, it's worse with jobs here in Oregon. So much as I've heard. Everyone who finds a job usually can't pick their schedule and that makes it very hard to get investigators to go to church....

"Things are going very well out here. In our area we have three baptisms on Wednesday! And one on Saturday!! Though both of them were already there before we got in the area, the ones on Wednesday were a surprise. Their dad has been stalling for a while now IDK why but he called on Sunday and set it up because their grandpa was in town. It's amazing, because these kids have been waiting a long time for this....Saturday is Jessie that 9 year old I talked about last time.

"I also gave a talk on Sunday which was supposed to be 15 min. I studied the subject and decided to go by the spirit...everyone loved it and I talked for 20 min before the ward mission leader tapped his watch to let me know to wrap it up, I could have gone for a little longer.

"We played football for P-day yesterday and the field was like a swamp. We were sliding all over, my companion went down and got all muddy, and me and another elder were running so fast we had mud spattered all up our backs. We also helped some one from another ward set up the gym in the stake center for a dance, it was elaborate and I got some pictures.

"I forgot to mention that we are also teaching Kevin Mier. He's about my age, didn't have any religious background, got very close to a girl who is a member and decided to take the lessons. We are teaching him at her parents house and we can tell he's really soul searching. He's probably going to be one of our next baptisms!! We showed Herman Torres the Finding Faith in Christ video and he liked it. We talked about it and invited him to church, but he said with work he probably wouldn't be able to go until January :-P.

"We taught Holly Olsen the Plan of Salvation, I think she understood...We also taught Jessie Vieting the last of the commandments and his baptism date should go through!!

"Elder Webb and I are still doing well together. He has spoken out against my random use of different accents. Sometimes I don't realize I'm doing them, or not even doing them. So that might be hard to stop.

"I'm doing great, teaching well, and loving the work."

2 comments:

  1. Randome use of accents? That's funny! Love and miss ya Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course by Randome I mean Random. :P

    ReplyDelete