"Time is flying! Can you believe I'm about five and a half months out!?! It's crazy how fast time flies as one gets older, and especially when one has all of his time filled with things to do! ;-P I got the package, I liked the CD's but I think I like how uncle Randy sings the songs a lot better. I think the singers on the other one try to hard to sound good, and it just sounds funny. If you could find a karaoke of the EFY Hymns CD that would be awesome!
Is it sad to say niether me or my companion knew when St. Patty's day was? I even had a green tie to where but didn't know what day to put it on. We didn't find out until dinner that day. Luckely their kids were told that they couldn't pinch the missionaries! I tried to use the green underwear tactic but they were pretty positive I hadn't served in the military! ;-P
It's kind of funny I now spend from 8 to 2 in Sunday meetings and as part of that get 2 Sacrament meetings. The funny thing is I look forward to that and actually enjoy it. It's nice to spend that much time doing that! It's funny when people complain about having to do it for only three hours ;-P.
Yesterday I read Enos, yes, one of the one chapter books, but at least he did a whole chapter! He actually put something very good in it to. He says I would like to tell you of the wrestle I had with the Lord. (That part always makes me imagine him in a wrestling match with the Lord, Ha ha). But he talks about how he prays to God all the day long and even into the night in the woods for a remission for his sins! Finaly God tells him that his sins are forgiven him. It's cool the dedication he had to get his answer! Now that's real intent, now I just need to get my investigator to have that sort of real intent! Then we'd really be getting somewhere, huh?
IDK if you've heard about the new mormon.org set up. They had an insert about it in the Ensign a few months ago, but basically you can create a profile that you share kinda who you are and put your testimony on it. Then people who don't know about the church can look on the sight and read it. That's kind of the new stand with missionary work right now, and it's cool cause people can go at their own pace with it. They want a lot of members on there and I think you should check it out!
This week we taught Bob Walker (investigator) it was a slow lesson didn't get very much, he likes to talk, but he has a lot of good questions. Michelle Mosure (investigator) we spent time resolving her concerns about church and family and found she has a testimony of how members of the church will help a stranger like her out. Bevans (PM family) we talked about reading, praying, and going to church, sounds like the kids are gonna get baptized soon! Mike Hendershot (PM investigator) gave a spiritual thought and he actually participated which is a big step, and we might be able to start working with him again! Patty Mcleod (investigator) she's one of the only ones coming to church at the moment and the closest to baptism but has a really difficult situation right now. Brandon Martin (exmember) is making good progress with his addictions and really desires to come back!
Elder Holli and I are doing very well. We are trying to get as much progression out of the area as possible before he goes home. We might not be able to get a baptism, but we will hopefully get some really close to it!
I'm doing really good, not much else to say or time to say it! Too slow at typing ;-P
Love ya much!
Elder Forsyth"
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment