Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Letter from March 1st

"The package probably would have made it to me before transfers, but it's on Monday that I might go to a new area. I still think it's a very good idea to send it to the mission office though. ;-P
I'm very glad I didn't get delayed or stayed to go to the funirole (Ikd how to spell that it looks funny) It might have been nice to go to it, but I might have regreted delaying and it would have given Satan more time to work. Whenever you can cut that time he has to work it's a good thing!

I recently found out what it is like to be a visitor to our house. We were doing a baptism lesson with some eight year olds, there was a younger one there too. As soon as we were in the door and the tv was off they were excited about us being there, and the youngest kept doing stuff for us, like picking up our scriptures and putting them in our hands or holding them for us, she helped me put on my suit coat right after I was done eating, she wrote my name on my water bottle for me, she zipped up my scripture case for me, and the whole time we were teaching she would come up really close to read our name tags then spell out our names on a peice of paper over and over agian. But the eight year olds really had a strong desire to be baptized, it was awesome!

On Wednesday we got stuck down in Amity in our service clothes. We went to help a new member move into the ward. While we were there a building caught on fire right next to the dead end streeet we parked our car on. Apparently it was a really big deal they had fire fighting stuff from quite a few cities around us, trucks even going back and forth toting water from a water supply, and we even heard propane tanks were blowing up. Anyway, when the firefighters got there their trucks blocked the street and we couldn't get out, so we went down to our ward mission leaders house and helped make our dinner that we were going to have that night. His street suddenly turned into a busy street because it was used as the detour and the trucks toting the water were also using it. Much later we were able to get our car out by going down an ally way but someone still had to move cones for us blocking thru traffic.

This week we taught Michelle Mosure (investigator) mostly answered her questions about the restoration and how to know if what we were teaching was true and commited her to find out. Patty Mcleod (investigator) we taught the importance of asking for direction from God in all aspects of our life. We taught Randal Martin (investigator) about how important families are and also the importance of the Book of Mormon and commited him to read it. We talked to Mark (investigator) about what we believed. Judy (investigator) we talked to her about the church and how it can help in our daily lives. We read more of the Book of Mormon with Mike Mead (PM less active). We taught the Bevans (PM family) twin eight year olds about baptism.

I'm doing awesome. Even as a missionary I look for truth in what others say and go to the Lord in prayer for answers. In our lesson with Mark he said that if we have faith in our calling we can do incredible things, and I'm currently applying that to my missionary work."

No comments:

Post a Comment