Friday, February 25, 2011

Letter From Feb 22nd

"I'm glad that you enjoy the music, and I guess I must have gotten really good at editing in order to make it sound like it wasn't. I tried hard to do that with all of them. Dad did write me about my CD player, he told me his E-mails are short and boring, but I enjoy hearing from him. I enjoy the music you sent so far, and can't wait untill easter for more. 

I'm glad you like the pictures, that old building I was by was just a random building we came across by the train tracks out in the less populated part of our area. I liked it and had to get a picture by it! I went to the Evergreen Museum again and was able to revive my pictures, I also found out how to tie my tie into a bow tie I'll have to get a picture for you! 


A lot of times I think we reject good thing automaticly because they are different than what we are used to. It's more apparent in mission life I think like when I got a new companion he did things differently, and at first I would think to myself "he's ruining my area, but as I opened up to it, I found most of the things helped more that hurt most of the time. The more open we are to change the better our experience will be.

This week our lessons were few but we taught the Eakin's (PM less active) it was a very good lesson about baptism, we are trying to dedicate both the mom and Sierra to going to church so Sierra who is about 12 can get baptized. We see the desire there but the commitment is still coming along. We taught a new investigator, Fred, who seemed to say a lot of things that played right into our hands. he seems to be golden so far. We told him to read the Book of Mormon and told him not to take our word for it, but to pray to God and he really liked the idea. We taught the Dorrell family (PM investigator) he's very critical about "the religion" but our bishop asked us to ask him when he was going to get baptized so we did. He said probably never and gave us a scriptural excuse for it, which led to a good spiritual thought/discussion.

Elder Holli and I are working hard to revive McMinnville because it seems to be piddling while Amity is starting to thrive. It's a bit difficult but I think it's starting to pay back, we'll see in the coming week.

I'm doing very well. I love mission life, and the weeks are flying by. I feel the spirit testify through me and I think we might be able to start getting somewhere with those we are teaching very soon!

Love ya lots
Elder Forsyth"

No comments:

Post a Comment