"You're talking about weeks going by fast, I'm already out 3 months in two days!!! Whoa! I try not to keep track of it but everyone asks, so you end up knowing anyways. ;-P Missionary work is crazy, you never know what to expect. One moment your struggling to find people to teach and then one day out of the blue I'm on exchanges with my district leader and boom we set up like three appointments with new people and one said to call later and set up an appointment over the phone. It's amazing to see the change that I can help make in people's lives, and how open some people are to the gospel, but then others might stop you before you even get to the door. Anyway, we are starting to get more busy every week. Now we have people trying to schedule at the same time others are. It's weird having to juggle a schedule like this but it's awesome.
Our lesson at the Almonds was with only two of them which was a lot easier, the rest had forgot about it and weren't home. We talked about Alan's concern with his baptism and tied in the first lesson. He seemed to accept it well. We taught Jackie Cross, she said she's prayed and that's definately for her. Dale Wilson and Holly Olson are still a working progress. We had dinner with a part member family, the Bickles, and we asked to share a spiritual thought, the non member was taken back, but said sure, and it went well, so we'll keep working there.
Elder Holli and I are teaching very well together. He's constantly what I would call over worried about things, which is sometimes good but I always show him the optimistic view and today he acknowledged it saying "There's Elder Forsyth being optimistic again." He's weird, it's fun to tease him, but we get along very well
I'm doing good as usual. I don't think I'll ever be doing bad on my mission. It could just be optimism, determination, or just that I'm easy going about most things. I love the work and am working hard."
JULY 2 2012
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment