Saturday, February 5, 2011

Letter to Michelle Feb. 5, 2011

Hi everyone!! My name is Michelle,  I've been writing Ben so here's some bits from his letters to me


" I'm glad your talk went well it's a really good one. It's awesome that I could be there for you as well ;) (I spoke in sacrament and I brought his last letter with me to the stand with me. It made me feel more confident.) Time is just flying by before I know it I'll be home. Is it going by fast for you as well? (yes, it is) I don't like speaking in sacrament much, either, maybe we can sing duets instead!!


Recently I just wailed on like 5 other Elders playing Monopoly one p-day. They tried to gang up on me but I had too many properties.


In my area, there are two other sets of missionaries who live in the same city and a set of Elders and Sisters in the Newburg but close enough to hang out for p-day. They are all awesome but I think I got stuck in the weirdest in the district, but I think my companion did too ;) As of last week I'm not the youngest in my district! I haven't been transfered yet but I'm betting I will in 5 weeks! 


It is so hard to get investigators to sacrament meeting here. You'll commit them, they aren't there, you find out why, fix the problem, recommit them, and they aren't there again. This week I got my first ever investigator to go to sacrament meeting!!! It was awesome and she said she enjoyed it!

(Now in each letter we give each other a scripture or a quotes or something) Here's a chapter that I read in my personal studies that me think: 3 Nephi: 19. I like how they are praying and Jesus, while he's waiting for them, went off to pray 3 times and then finally had o command them ti stop praying. It made me think if at the second coming will that happen again with us? The biggest thing I find cool is that they didn't repeat themselves. I know if i try to say a really long prayer it starts getting repetitive. Anyways, until letter next."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michelle for sharing and giving me another glimpse in Ben's experiences!

    It's fun to know we can support each other, even from far away! I think giving talks in Sacrament Meeting is still scarey, will it ever get easier?! I doubt it!! :)

    ReplyDelete