Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Letter from Jan 25th

"...Is Steven still working hard to be able to beat me when I come back? He's trying to get the weights in his room. Man that kid is determined, I thought he might have lost his fire by now and went back to being lazy. Oh well, I still am going to beat him, I wrestled an Elder who weighed a lot more than me already. I had him pinned but he wouldn't admit it. :-P

So I admitted to President about Michelle in front of my whole district. He was interviewing some in our district and I wasn't one of them but he asked if anyone had any questions before he left and I told him I had a confession to make. (He has a girl writing to him.) Everyone laughed about my confession and President gave me the word of caution on it like everyone else, but it was a funny situation.

We got a new greenie in my district, I'm no longer the youngest in my district. We all gave him a hard time pulling pranks on him.

This week we taught Patty Mcleod twice. She basically said she wanted to be baptized but wouldn't do it until she knew the rules. So we started teaching her the commandments, she's taking it very well and today we are going to teach her tithing. Herman Torres is still coming along slowly but surely. We talked to him about church last Wednesday in order to prepare him for the experience. It went really good and we think there's a strong desire to go. We think he'll be able to go next Sunday. Michelle Mosure seems really excited about what we are teaching her. We got the first lesson and she was very energetic about it and it all made sense to her. Her only "hang up" she said was how we are reverent in church. She understands it but is used to "rocking worship".

Elder Holli and I are doing well. I think we are both learning a lot from each other. Although he had a really wierd dream where we were fighting over driving the car and he crashed into a fence. Then he asked me in the morning if it really happened. It was pretty funny, and I teased him about it.

I'm doing awesome. Still learning a lot, working hard, and trying to follow the spirit as best I can. It's a great work and I'm happy to be a part of it!"

2 comments:

  1. I do love this letter loads! It makes me laugh that his WHOLE district knows about me now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I thought you would like that! That's why I left it in! :)

    ReplyDelete