Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Letter from Jan 18th

"That was some fun times going to Grandpa's, I think I always enjoyed it. The van always seems to have trouble getting to California, maybe it's the road. I guess we always went during the winter time maybe it's the switch in temperature. Then again it's probably just that the van is getting old! I'm glad you made it even though you have to spend money on the van. I think it's very funny that you just shulffled stuff around in the garage, ha ha, sounds like how Steven cleans his room. JK or has he gotten better at that since I left?

This week we taught Jackie Cross. This last time we taught the plan of salvation, it went very well and we left her some stuff to study to help it stick. She keeps talking about baptism so it shouldn't be too long, she just has to fix work in order to make it to church and a couple bad habits. She still hasn't come up with a date though, so we recommitted her to picking one. Herman Torres is doing great, we are starting to help him just read and understand the Book of Mormon. Crab season should be about over so he should be able to come to church very soon, hopefully that will help him see the path he needs to take. We taught Michelle Mosure and her family. I don't think she knew what to expect at all, but she seemed to like our visit and was very open. Maybe golden. We have still been working with Holly Olsen it seems that she wants to do what is right just has a hard time getting to church, we invite her, she accepts, and then isn't there. We were called by Brandon we had visited with him earlier and he seemed to like it and called us to see if we were coming back. We talked about the spirit and he said he wanted to come to church and the bishop is all for it, so we'll see what we can do there.

Elder Holli and I are doing great still. I find we tease each other a bunch more and it's fun. We teach better and better together each lesson it seems. Although I think I'm more optimistic than he is after the lessons.

I'm doing great. Time just speeds by when you're this busy, but the work is a lot of fun. I keep pushing along. I find my answer to almost everything is follow the spirit. That is the main point I try to stress in missionary work, and it seems to help a lot."

No comments:

Post a Comment